Facebook Timeline can be switched back to old Facebook Profile in Chrome. The switching needs some code insertion and if done properly, old Facebook Profile can be attained in just a few moments.
We have recently posted a way of switching TimeLine and getting old Facebook Profile back in Firefox using an extension but, Google Chrome users are not lucky enough to get an extension but, there is an alternate way of inserting a small code and getting old Facebook profile back.
You can follow the instruction given below to switch to the old Facebook Profile in Google Chrome and there is also a tutorial video embedded at the end.
- Close all your Chrome Browser windows
- After closing, right click the browser shortcut/quick launch icon and click ‘Properties’.
- A pop-up window would open. Under ‘Shortcut’ Tab you would see a box named as ‘Target’.
- You would see the location of your Chrome installation folder. The end of that location would be like this
- You will insert the code after that.
- Now, before inserting the code you need to copy the right one and then paste it.
- See the code below:
1- XP Users use this code:
-user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)”
2- Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users can use the code below:
- -user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
- Just copy the appropriate code and paste it after the ‘chrome.exe’ with a space between both e.g.
chrome.exe – -user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
- Press ‘ok’
- Now, go to your Facebook Profile and if done properly, your old profile page would be back
- To get the timeline back just remove the code you inserted and your timeline would be back.
Note: This tweak only changes the timeline in your browser i.e. you will see your and others old Facebook Profiles while everyone else would see your normal Timeline view.