Want to save your mobile phone and other mobile devices from unsafe codes and websites? Yes! Just try Free Norton Labs Snap BETA QR Code Scanner to protect your smartphone and/or other mobile device’s important data and stuff from the online threats as it would warn you about the presence of dangerous QR codes and may block unsafe, rather dangerous codes to load on your mobile device.
This app, by NortonMobile, indicates and identify QR codes which are widely available on the internet. These codes claim to provide easy access to you to the information about:
- Special deals
But they usually help the carriers of viruses, malicious material and dangerous malware to:
- Attack the data and the stuff present in your mobile device
- Steal your identity, data and information stores in your device
- Mess up with your your important Stuff
The problem is; QR codes work in the wrap of a website and it becomes difficult to identify them whether it is safe or not. Here comes the role of Norton Labs Snap Beta.
This app, the Free Norton™ Labs Snap BETA, helps you to take risk of using the QR Codes.
- QR Code Scanner is designed to protect your mobile devices from malicious QR codes and even from dangerous websites
- It is optimized to, automatically, scan the QR codes to check its safe nature and cleanliness from malicious sites
- QR code scanner checks the websites and/or codes even before their load on your mobile device
- It is free beta software which is available for a limited time in US only
- Norton Safe Web, automatically, stops online threats before damaging your device
- It can identify trusted sites and advises you to visit the safe sites
- It can blocks unsafe, fake or phishing sites from loading on your browser
- It develops easy to read and understand rating of the presence of the danger or safety level
- Share Snap is a easy sharing tools
Operating Systems: Android 1.6 or later
Device Requirements: Android 1.6 or later with 1 MB of storage
Camera (flash optional): Internet connection
|Updated||December 22, 2011|
|Requires Android||1.6 and up|
|Installs||100,000 – 500,000 last 30 days|