Removing the connected apps from your Facebook may prove to be very annoying and time consuming as there can be dozens of apps and you have to remove each one manually. Well, you don’t have to get annoyed or waste precious time on removing those apps one by one as there is now an Firefox extension which can do that.
Facebook works with third party apps to integrate their usage in your Facebook account but, these apps use your account information and display them on your profile. Some of them can even post updates to your Facebook wall. This may result in different problems like you may not want to show your activity on your profile etc.
Anything, from games to connected accounts use apps to integrate with your Facebook account. You may want to use the app and then don’t want the app to show the updates/activities on your wall. You can remove any app, any time.
The normal procedure of removing the apps from your Facebook account includes the following steps:
- Logging to your Facebook account.
- Going to ‘Account Settings’ and then to ‘Apps’ tab.
- Removing the apps by clicking the cross sign against each app. Then confirming the removal and again pressing ‘Ok’ on the message that your app has been removed.
- You have to repeat the same steps for every app.
The shortcut for removing the apps at once(Firefox Browser Required):
- First of all, install the extension from here and restart Firefox (that’s the extension which would do the repetition process)
- Now, log-in to your Facebook account.
- Go to ‘Account Settings’.
- Open up the apps tab.
- Now, open the iMacros app by going to the navigation bar and pressing the iMacros button.It should be alongside the forward/back button on the left side.
- The iMacros sidebar would open.
- Select the ‘Record” tab from iMacros tab’s.
- You need to be quick in this setup. Press the ‘Record’ button on iMacros and then start the removing process by just clicking the cross button against each app and then confirming it and then pressing ‘ok’ (Do the removal process only once to avoid confusion).
- Stop the ‘iMacros’ recording by pressing the ‘Stop’ button.
- Your command have been recorded, you just need to play the command again.
- Go to ‘Play’ tab of ‘iMacros’ and press ‘Play’ and other apps would start removing automatically (well not automatically, iMacros is doing the repetition work).
- Keep playing it until all the apps are not removed. Don’t navigate to other page or tab, otherwise, the removal process would be stopped.
- That’s all!
iMacros can be used very widely in Firefox for different purposes.
Visit our Facebook section for more Facebook tips, tricks and tweaks.