There would be no one who is not familiar with Google+. Not familiar?? No problem, we will tell you everything about it in few lines and the video on youtube is also explanatory which you can find at the end of this post.
- Circles for adding Friends
- Hangouts for social chat live
- One way following like Twitter
- Privacy like Facebook
- New features in photo viewing and editing
- and many more
Google+ is now few months old and about 30 million people worldwide are already using Google+. Seeing its new features many new users are willing to join Google+ but only a person who has got an invitation can join Google+. The invitation can only be sent by a current user. Well, you don’t have to find a person who can send you an invite. All you need to do is to write down your email in the comments box below and we will send you an invitation ASAP.
Seeing the popularity of Google+ developers are also making many new apps, extensions and scripts for Google+. Although there are hundreds of Google+ extensions available for Google Chrome which increases the user interaction with Google+ but people who are using other other browser cant use those extensions for their browser.
Today we will tell you about an extension for Firefox which is very useful for Google+ users as it does multiple functions which Chrome users would find from different extensions.
- See the number of new alerts in your favicon
- View Google+ in the full width of your browser
- Improve readibility by shifting the focus to posts
- Show posts as previews. Click or press “T” to expand
- Add button to posts for one click muting
- Treatment of “post muted” notices
- Add links next to names in posts to easily mention them
- Show image preview on rollover
- Collapse post comments with click to expand
- Show the number of +1s and shares inline
- Force all images in posts to thumbnails
- Pin elements so they stay visible
- Hide the welcome link in the left column
- Hide the chat list in the left column
- Hide “# new people are sharing with you” notice
- Hide the send feedback link in the borrom right
- Hide the “+” symbol before mentions in posts
- Hide the entire right column
- Hide suggestions of people to follow
- Hide the “Send Invites” section
All these things can be toggled on/off by installing a simple single script in Firefox. To install the script just follow the steps specified below:
- Install Greasemonkey which you can install from here. (this is the extension which would change the interface of different pages)
- After installing greasemonkey just install the Google+ tweak script which you can download from here
- Now after the script installation is complete, you are ready for making different changes in Google+ profile.
- To see changes taking effect you first need to set up the appropriate options.
- Just log-in to your Google+ profile and click the options button on the top right side of your page, where you will find a option ‘Google+ Tweaks’, click it.
- A pop-up dialog box will open showing different option. Choose the appropriate options and click ‘save & reload’