Google recently released the Hangouts app for Android and iOS which replaces the pre-installed Talk app on Android. Although, Hangouts packs all the features of Talk combined with Hangouts from Google+ but, still some people like me don’t like it to that extent.
So, if you are one of the people who are willing to get the good old Google Talk app back then, you may follow the instructions below.
First of all, go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Applications’. Once there, search for ‘Hangouts‘ and tap it.
Your hangouts app details will open. Here you would be showed the file size, version number and other information about the app. You will also see an ‘Uninstall Updates’ button on top. Press it.
You would be showed a message that ‘All updates to this Android system app will be uninstalled’. Press ‘OK’.
Another option will prompt that ‘The application will be replaced with the factory version’. Press ‘OK’
Your Hangouts app will be uninstalled and you would be showed a message that ‘Uninstall finished’.
That’s all! Your Google Talk app will be back as it was before.
You may visit Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Android.
Incoming search terms:
- old google talk
- go back to google talk
- how to switch back to hangouts google
- I want to go back to google talk from hangouts
- how to get talk back instead of hangout
- can you switch back to talk from hangouts on galaxy
- how to switch to hangout on gmail
- how to uninstall google hangouts
- Old Google Talk application
- switch back from google hangout