While sending email, it is treated as the simple message by the senders but it is not so as it tells the story of senders. The changes, just introduced in the Gmail, are about the people and contacts as it was with:
- Profile photos in view while conversation
- People widget
- Integrations with Google+ during the last year.
Following changes are made in the Gmail recently:
- Your Quick Access to the contact details are added while viewing your past conversations with the sender of the message
- Your improved integration with Google+ circles.
Quick access to contact details
During the process of search for an email address, the results will be displayed in details in addition to the profile photo of the person and the emails sent from and to them. Then you may decide to:
- Start a chat
- Call the phone
- If contacts have Google+ profile, information would be updated rather stayed updated automatically.
Quick Access can be made through:
- People widget
- Chat list in search menu.
How the Circle Integration and Circle Reach is improved in the Recent Changes
As the contact details are added to the search results, some more changes have been made to make circle integration more effective which are:
- Profile pictures of the members of the circles will be displayed at the top right of the page when you would select a circle
- The search details with the contact details will be opened with just a click of that image.
- With the circles supported in search and filters, you may find messages from that specific circle when you would simply type circle:[circle name] in the search box.
- Finding of the mail from your selected circles is just easier with has:circle type.
- The search can be further refined with other criteria.
- So, it is possible to read all the unread emails from the selected ‘Friends’ circle or each message coming from your specific ‘VIP’ circle would be marked, automatically.
As quick details, rolled to everyone, are correlated with many products, it would help the Gmail management to serve the consumers a consistent yet a beautiful experience, and the consumers will feel a pleasant change in all the products. To get maximum benefits from the recent changes, Gmail recommends the users to join Google+.
Source: Official Gmail Blog