While installing new devices in Windows 7, if a small yellow exclamation point or bang tells you to install specific drivers, you would need to install drivers in such situation. There are 4 ways to install the drivers:
- Automatic install
- Manual install
- With an executable setup disk or download
- Using Windows Update
- Right-click the unsupported device
- Choose Update Driver Software
(Here, Windows will search whole the local system to find the appropriate driver but this system rarely works but it must be given a chance).
- Right-click the newly installed and unsupported device
- From the displayed, choose Update Driver Software
- Now, supply the required driver files, either through a setup disk or some other mean.
3.Installation with an executable setup disk or download
Though many devices, for the computers supporting Windows 7, are available with ‘plug and play’ feature but still if the installation is required for some deices, it is a good approach to install drivers from the executable setup disk while you are installing application program.
Alternatively, the best way to have the fresh driver is to download but in all situations, it is advised to install Windows 7 compatible setup application to get the best performance.
4.Using Windows Update
- Open the Start menu
- Choose All Programs
- Now, move cursor on Windows Update
- Check the Updates link in the upper-left corner of the Windows Update application